Friday, February 18, 2011

Questionnaires - perfect for when you are too brain dead to come up with original content!

The lovely MCW - she of awesome blog swap gifts - tagged me in her recent postingProust Questionnaire. And friends, please believe me when I tell you that I am a total suckah for a questionnaire.




What is your idea of perfect happiness?
I think it changes at different stages of your life. Right now for me, perfect happiness for me would be feeling excitement about something new and wonderful happening in my life. But on a day like today, I would settle for drinks on a patio with good friends. Who says I don’t know how to compromise?

What is your greatest fear?
Not realizing my true potential.

Which figures do you most identify with?
The coolest, nicest, smartest, prettiest ones.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Being too critical.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Arrogance and selfishness.

What do you most value in your friends?
People who will show up for you when you need them the most – on your happiest days and your darkest ones too. Who will remind you of your worth and ability when you have forgotten.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
sorry (have a HUGE nasty habit of apologizing for things)

What is your favorite journey?
Probably the one I am on. Even though it gets frustrating, I really know it will have an amazing ending.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Reverence

What is your favorite occupation?
Any career that started as someone's passion. (stealing this from MCW as I wholeheartedly agree)

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
Am I allowed to say everything? Maybe I will just go with height.

What is your greatest regret?
My graduate school studies or not relocating after graduate school

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
books/stories/the written word (go ahead and roll your eyes, but this is my truthful answer)

When and where were you happiest?
I don’t think there is one point…it’s more like I have mental snapshots of things over the years where I know I felt that overwhelming surge of happiness. One relationship in my life in particular…I think it’s only now years later that I realize how happy I was and how good I had it at the time. But I think I am always happiest when on a vacation!

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I was a little bit taller. I wish I was a baler. If I had a girl in the hood…oh, wait, sorry that’s not it. I wish I could see myself with some more objectiveness and some more clarity. At certain points I think other people see me more honestly that I am able to see myself. But I also wouldn’t mind being taller.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Oh geez…this is a hard one for me. Is it bad if I really can’t think of this right now?

What is your most treasured possession?
probably photos

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Loneliness (again, have to agree with MCW)

Where would you like to live?
In a place that feels like home…where when I leave for vacation or work travel, I don’t feel worry or sadness on the plane ride back.

What is your most marked characteristic?
my eyes

What is your greatest extravagance?
Ha, I probably have too many but I will go with manicures and pedicures. Not necessary but oh so worth it.

What are the qualities you most like in a man?
A sense of humor – and not just because ALL girls say that, but if someone can’t genuinely make me laugh and doesn’t get my sense of humor, then we have no shot.

Who are your favorite writers?
E. E. Cummings, Ernest Hemingway, Kate Chopin, Salinger for “Nine Stories” not “Catcher in the Rye”, Louisa May Alcott, Harold Pinter, Eugene O’Neill, Tennessee Williams, Shel Silverstein

How would you like to die?
Happy and content

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Jo March

Who are your heroes in real life?
The men and women who serve our country, children who are battling illnesses or who do extraordinary things that most adults could not

What is your motto?
I do not fear storms, for I am learning to sail my ship.


And I think I am supposed to "tag" some more people...but I am just too exhausted to think that much, so if you need a good questionnaire or something to post, feel free to use this!

Happy Friday and Happy Weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Love your answers, since so many of ours are the same. We could be the same person, except I was the only one lucky enough to get plus 2 this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo I am a suckah for quizzes too lol... and I looove your motto :)

    I started a contest on my blog, I hope you'll come and play with me!

    Kelly

    http://myjoyproject.blogspot.com/2011/02/wanna-play-survivor-with-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading questionnaire posts. I think you learn so much about bloggers that way. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about coffee on the grass in the middle of the city? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coffee on the grass today made for SUPREMELY AWESOME people watching, I could have stayed there all afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that motto, I do not fear storms for I am learning to sail my ship. That's a good one! BTW if you haven't seen already I'm hosting my first blog giveaway that ends Monday at www.so-say-i.blogspot.com - come check it out if that's your thing! Happy Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on sorry. Drives Brad insane. I'm trying to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, you are not allowed to say "everything" silly girl! You are precious as pie :)

    AND...I forgot Tennessee Williams on my list of fave authors. For shame! I adore TW!

    ReplyDelete