Monday, March 14, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Taking an oh-so-quick-blink-and-it's-over break at work to link up with lowercase letters for Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Many of you (or at least people you may know/work with) are getting swept up in March Madness, or what I refer to as the most wonderful time of the year. You may be filling out brackets with your own proven selection process -- seeding, conference, mascot, uniform color, the team your high school boyfriend rooted for, whatever. No matter what method you use to figure out your own March Madness, good luck to you all. Oh, unless I am in the same pool as you. In that case, I hope the team you pick to win it all chokes in a stunning second round loss and your entire bracket becomes worthless.

And if you aren't all aware, and I see NO reason why some of you would/should be, today is Pi Day. Yes Pi, no "e." As in, 3.14. Which is why it is celebrated on March (3) 14th. Get it? What I am saying is, YES, there are people out there that felt the need to create a holiday commemorating the mathematical constant pi(π.)

Why do I know about Pi Day? Because I grew up with a math teacher for a mother. And can prove to you that the penchant/gift for all things numbers is most definitely not genetic. Or if it is, it definitely skips a generation.

Wishing you all a Happy Pi Day and enjoyable March Madness (again, unless you are in one of my pools....then I wish you nothing but loss and sadness)

7 comments:

  1. We aren't even in the NIT are we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's a negative, MCW. You'll need to pick a different horse to bet on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Pi Day! I was a math minor so I was embarrassingly aware of this fact. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will root for you to come in 2nd - behind me of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I filled out my bracket...IN PEN...I'm not changing it. We'll see how I do....I only picked a couple of upsets and even those are underdogs....I'm ready for the Madness to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes...Pi Day (3/14) and then the Ides of March (3/15). Math teacher husband, I was an English teacher...and we both still work in a high school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i totally understand PI better than brackets.... and that's embarrassing because i do not understand PI!

    ReplyDelete