Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

Since MVP had the day off from work on Friday, I decided to cash in a personal day and we drove up to NJ to visit my Pop-Pop. The drive took muuuuuuuch longer than it should have, stupid traffic. We were so ready to be done with the drive by the time we got there.

It was a very low-key weekend. Actually most of my family's holidays are low-key. My mom is an only child so we don't often have any big family get-togethers. I get a little sad about that sometimes -- especially when I cruise around to other blogs, and they have all these lovely postings of family Easter brunches and dinners. Sometimes I feel a twinge of envy when I never have occasion to get dressed up or make a dish to bring somewhere. On the flip side, I think MVP rather enjoys that a weekend up to NJ just meant throwing t-shirts and jeans in a duffel bag and hopping into the car.

So I just feel sort of melancholy today. Don't get me wrong, I am really glad we were able to make the drive up there and it was wonderful to spend time with my parents and Pop Pop. But I just had this feeling like something was missing....or there should be something more. I'm extremely grateful for all that I have, but lately just still feel like there is something missing, or something is off in some way, and I don't quite know what it is or how to remedy the situation.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe initiate that you all doing something bigger for the holidays?
    For many years it was just me and my parents and instead of just being low-key.. I would be like.. let's go on a tirp or something!? One year we even spent Easter at The Biltmore

    ReplyDelete