Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lashing out

In trying to get a tad better with posting here regularly, I thought an easy-peasy thing for me to post would be sharing products that I love.  I am a beauty product junkie.  It's bad.  As in, I have more products than anyone could use in a lifetime and may need an intervention.

Anywho...

I have a serious thing for lashes.  I am always obsessed with finding the latest mascara to try.  Well friends....my search for the perfect mascara may be over.

Hello Lashes from It Cosmetics

After seeing a demo on QVC (which, BTW, is one of my fave places to shop for new beauty products) I knew I had to give this sucker a try.  A 5-in-1  Mascara revolutionizes that claims to take the place of five products--volumizing mascara, conditioning lash primer, lash-enhancing serum, lash tint, and a lash comb/curler.  Sounded too good to be true....

But this mascara delivered and then some.  I am officially hooked on it.  Even MVP asked me if I was wearing fake lashes.  Granted, I don't think he even knows what it would look like if I had some false lashes on, but still...he noticed my eyelashes.  This is not a normal occurrence, people.  This mascara goes on easily, with the added bonus of a grippy texture on the wand handle.  The wand separates while adding some serious volume and length.  See that little ball on the end?  Perfect for getting some additional separation and definition.  And you can BUILD layers of this and never look like you have scary tarantula lashes.  

You can get one tube for $24....or if you are a smart cookie and shop the Q, you can get two mascaras for $29. That may be a little bit more that you are used to paying, but I PROMISE you, it is worth it.  This stuff is legit.  

The only downside (and it's a minor one)  is that there is no waterproof option.  I used to ONLY wear waterproof but switched a few years ago and found it really improved the health of my lashes.  They seemed to be stronger, not fall out as often, and just generally look better.  When I think I might need to power of a waterproof (rainy day, shed a few tears at a wedding, etc.) I just add a top my lashes off with Anastastia Waterproof Top Coat.  

So if you are on the lookout for a new mascara, Hello Lashes may be the last mascara you will ever buy!


No comments:

Post a Comment