Friday, January 14, 2011

Every new beginning...

...comes from some other beginning's end. God doesn't shut a door without opening a window. Everything happens for a reason. I thought I knew a few more of these kind of cliches but apparently I am drawing a blank today. Which is kind of unfortunate since me and Mr. Toothbrush decided to officially end things last night. So if you do know some more good cliches that I could use right about now, by all means post them in the comments section!

While there was no improper use of a post-it note, this all has a very Berger (Sex and the City) feel to it. The feeling of "this should have worked, but it didn't", and you can't quite explain why.


I am pretty upset about it all will be ok.
It hurts like heck right now will all be fine.
I know all of that.

But today and right now I just have this sort of sad feeling. And as my very zen friend V might appreciate, I am going to go ahead and honor that feeling of sadness for a couple days. And then I am just going to pick myself up and keep looking forward.

I am sure I will be back to some regular posting now that the whole big question mark of Mr. Toothbrush is out of the way. I will say, it felt good to share everything here. I felt less alone with my thoughts and appreciate everyone who left me thoughtful comments or sent me sweet notes. You have no idea how awesome that was. Thanks for reading me, even when I am at my un-funniest. And I will aim for more funny moving forward :)

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear things went south. As for cliche's, I have: Time heals all wounds. Take your couple of days to wallow. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear about all of this. my advice to you: just keep swimming! and maybe go out and drink your face off this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming! And then also drink like a fish -- haha, great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Im s sorry!! Go to http://bitsotruth.blogspot.com/ for some great pick me ups. She has the best quotes. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I gave you an award. :o)

    http://omylee.blogspot.com/2011/01/life-is-good.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...at least the possibility of something with him isn't looming over your head so you can't move on.
    Wallow for a couple of days and then pick yourself up, brush yourself off and get back out there. It will happen. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry to hear that things ended. But at least you have the answer either way now.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling better. I think it is ok to have a pity party for a few days. Mourn and then move on! I know this is cheesy, but every time I break up with someone I read it is a Break Up Cause it is Broken... it helps!

    ReplyDelete