Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday - VACATION

Linking up again with This Kind of Love for What I'm Loving Wednesday


I am loving... VACATION. I was just so dang excited I had to put it in the title of the post! Today I am on my way back to CHICAGO, which is clearly my kind of town since I use any excuse to get over there. But this trip's excuse might just be super-dee-duper. Or just very *me*. When I was last in Chicago, we got into some conversation about how the first weekend of March Madness was going to coincide with St. Patrick's Day. Well that just sounded like a perfect reason to plan my next trip back to Chicago! This trip is even better because it is the first time in, well EVER, that I have travelled here just for ME and not with a work attachment. And it feels sublime. My last real vacation time off was August. And yeah, that is far too long to wait to take some time off.

I am loving...that as touristy as it may be, that I get to be here for St. Patrick's Day. The weather is calling for rain, but I won't let that damper my spirits. It also made a perfect excuse for a new pair of green wellies.


I am loving..."vacation" eating. I have tried to be especially on track with healthy (ish eating lately so that I could really ENJOY some calories in Chicago. I am not going to go completely off the deep (dish pizza) end or anything, but I am going to allow myself more than a few treats. I'll work it off when I get back, but every now and again you just gotta let go a little, right?

In case I am not able to post again, hope everyone has a fun St. Patrick's Day and a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Have so much fun in Chi-town! Would love to be there for St. Patty's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! Great city for St. Pat's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how much I love traveling - I mean it from the heart when I say - YAY!!!! Enjoy every second ox

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Chicago. And they have deep dish pizza. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Touristy-or-not, totally cool! I want to see the green river!

    ReplyDelete