Friday, May 20, 2011

Signs you know you have a fabulous friend/roommate

I often mention L here on the blog from time to time...it's kind of hard not to do when you live with someone, right? I think I am very fortunate to not only have a roommate who is a good person, but also a very good friend. And there are things that happen like this morning that remind me how very, very fortunate I am to have her for my buddy.

I am enjoying a little bit of a slower-paced day here at work (almost nervous to type that as not to jinx it!) and was catching up on some non-work reading. I was elated to read that Serendipity 3 will be opening in Georgetown next week, and raced to L's facebook page to post the good news.

No more than 10 minutes later, L had frantically Gchatted me to announce that Serendipity was opening next week. "Um, yeah....of course I know" I told her. "Haven't you checked Facebook?"

She hadn't...we had just both heard the good news about delicious Frozen Hot Chocolates now heading to our Nation's Capitol and rushed to share the good news with each other first. Call me a loser, but I literally laughed out loud in my office at our ridiculousness.

Another reason that L is such a wonderful friend is that she keeps my "File" for me. Now, I must preface this little bit of Deviled Megs knowledge by saying that I am definitely not a wedding/marriage obsessed person. Far from it, actually. I am not one of those crazy chicks that has things planned to the T (hell, sometimes even booked venues!) before ever even meeting Mr. Right. I have just been to enough weddings over the years to know what I like and what I don't. And I let L keep mental track of those things by pointing out some wedding related things for her to keep in my "File" when I happen to see them.

So today I emailed her a link to this GQ Wedding Looks spread with Darren Criss from Glee. Um.....yes, please. Like basically everything from this shoot goes in the file. A few of my faves are below, but seriously I don't think he could look less-than-dashing no matter what you dressed him in.





On a somewhat related note, have I ever shared with you all my love of saddle shoes?

5 comments:

  1. serendipity 3 in georgetown?! When does it open? I need to get up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love saddle shoes. And would like a boy I date to wear them. However so far the only men I have seen wearing them in NYC date other men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul Rudd had on a pair when he was here in DC filming that (awful) movie with Reese....and I feel even more in love with him for it

    ReplyDelete
  4. you girls are SO CUTE. i love this :)

    darren criss. yum

    ReplyDelete