Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday -- Mother's Day edition

Linking up with This Kind of Love for What I'm Loving Wednesday


I haven't done a WILW in awhile, and given that this Sunday is Mother's day, thought I would note some things that I love that could make excellent Mother's day gifts for those still doing some last minute shopping for the Moms in their lives. When I can, I will try to link to a site where you can view/purchase. you know, cause I am all about making people's lives easier.

I'm loving...my Clarisonic skincare brush. Seriously, this thing is AH-mazing. I treated myself to it a few years ago, not really believing all the hype around it. But it lives up to all the accolades and then some. I have been half-tempted to buy a new one just because now you can get it in so many fun colors...pink, purple, green. This gets your skin ridiculously clean without really drying it out or irritating sensitive skin. And the skin care products you use afterwards will be that much more effective because of how much better the texture of your skin is. Busy moms may not have time to schedule a proper facial regularly, but now they can have one whenever they want in the privacy of their own bathroom.


I'm loving...Shoe-of-the-Month clubs. I have subscribed to a few on and off before, but recently found a new one that I am seriously head over heels for (haha, sorry couldn't resist!) Sole Society works just like any other "of-the-month" club you can think of. You enroll and enter your billing info and then also your style preferences. Then at the beginning of the month you are presented with 5 fabulous shoe options. Don't like those? No problem, they will send you five more. Still not liking what you see or just not in the market for a new pair of shoes that month? Just opt to skip the month. Nothing billed. The shoes from Sole Society are really top-quality and made with leather, no synthetic materials here. I just sported my new pair when I was up on Boston and spent a whole night on my feet in platform booties and my feet felt FINE. They were super comfy and looked very designer. I got the style below but in a pretty nude/caramel color that I think is going to work year round. Love them.


I'm loving...skincare from Philosophy. I have converted many folks to this line over the years...including guys! Their Purity Made Simple face wash is simply the best. Using it with the Clarisonic is a slam-dunk for perfect skin. Really everything they make is top-notch, from skincare to seriously amazing body washes to beautiful fragrance. They make wonderful gift sets too, perfect for Mother's day.


I'm loving...new perfume. I am probably a bit of a fragrance junkie, never really wearing one "signature scent" but going back and forth throughout my fragrance collection depending on my mood, the weather, my outfit, you name it. I am currently infatuated with Chloe Rosebud, one of the nicest rose-based scents I have come across in a while. I am a total sucker for anything rose-scented. My Gram's name was Rose and when I was little, she always had beautiful rosebushes in the front of her house. The flower and the scent just remind me of her and is very soothing/comforting. But fragrance is a really personal thing. Not sure what she may like? Sephora has you covered with Fragrance Sampler gift sets. The set includes a number of fragrance minis that let the recipient try out lots of different scents. Even better, the gift set includes a voucher that they can then use at Sephora to get a full size bottle of their favorite.

Speaking of Rosebud, I'm loving....Rosebud Salve. This classic is multi-purpose, and what mom doesn't love things that are multi-purpose? This cult favorite soothes dry lips, calms and heals irritation, and soothes the sting of minor burns. It can even be used as a remedy for the treatment of diaper rash! The set below would make a nice gift for Mom (or anyone really!) And as a long-time fan of Rosebud Salve i was thrilled when they recently started making it in a tube -- I seriously have these stashed all over, purses, desk drawer, everywhere.


I could go on and on about this stuff, I have always been a bit of a "product junkie" and could ramble on about beauty products and gadgets for hours. Since many of these fabulous finds are available at Sephora, I thought it would also be a good idea to remind you of my very first giveaway since it includes a $25 gift card to Sephora along with some of my favorites in travel size, all in a cute Kate Spade makeup bag, so make sure you visit the posting and enter!

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the Clarisonic...I bought one of the cute new pink ones when they came out last fall, and now I'm not sure how I ever lived without it. Totally worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! We can be Clarisonic buddies on Tucson :) Beacuse I totally travel with mine if I am going to be away longer than 2 days...I cannot live without it,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have some awesome things you are loving right now!!! I have heard so many great things about the Rosebud Salve...I need to find some and try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosebud salve is so, so good...I have been hooked since stumbling onto it at sephora years and years ago. Best part? It is like $6 for the tin and lasts FORever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rocked my cousin's world when I showed her how the brush comes off to clean it. Whoa nasty. But, now she knows. ha. I'm also a BIG fan of Hope in a Jar Oil-Free with SPF 30...all the goodness in one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, totally...the one I have (the Mia) is smaller so it's easier to travel with. Fits perfectly into a small Vera cosmetic pouch. :) Mine is the light pink color, but I went to Sephora tonight (for like the 2nd time in the last week - seriously, I have a problem) and saw that they now have a berry pink version.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just signed up for Sole Society...I am going to kill you!!! hahaha I have been seeing lots of rave reviews about Clarisonic, but I just bought St Ives Green Tea face wash and it's AMAZING....and $4.99. I am hooked on it!!!! BUT, I may still invest in the Clarisonic; I'm so tired of being 28 with blackheads! :(

    xoxo
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can skip any month, I promise. I am *seriously* in love with my shoes from last month, like I keep trying to think of new outfits in my head that I can wear them with. And you must invest in the Clarisonic -- you can usually wait until Sephora or ULTA sent you the 20% off coupons and then get if for a good discount. It is literally amazing. I was prepared to try mine out and then return it...and now I never want to be without it!

    ReplyDelete