Thursday, August 25, 2011

All I can muster is...*sigh*


This week has proven to be quite a roller coaster. And I am so very ready to get off this dang ride.

We had that little earthquake the other day. Even more awesome to still be a new employee with no clue about the evacuation procedures in your large, high-rise office building.

That day also brought my first legit disagreement/problem with MVP. It's not worth getting into right here/now and the important thing is we are fine now. We've talked through the issue and it's resolved and we're are all systems go. But it wasn't great at the time and I went through a lot of emotions on Tuesday that were unrelated to the earthquake.

Then the weather peeps are coming at us with a "Not so fast, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast..." when discussing Hurricane Irene. While we were always supposed to have a fairly rainy Sunday, not we may be having some legit severe weather. Not that I had fabulous and fanciful outdoor plans that are ruined or anything. But still, not something to look forward to.

And that was all enough. Heck, it was more than plenty to deal with for the week.

Then I get an email at work. My company is being sold.

So right now I am running through a range of emotions and possible scenarios. Some of them not great - keeping the job I just started exactly one month ago today but losing a lot of the benefits/incentives that drew me to the company in the first place. Some of them really not great - losing my job and being completely SOL.

It's a wait and see for now. The whole situation is made worse by the fact that my boss is out of the office today, so I can't even get any sort of "read" on what may or may not happen. There is chatter in the hallways. Office doors are closed. The mood here matches the gloomy gray weather outside today eerily well.

I'm feeling a little bit like this image -- although I'd like the option to write someone a strongly worded email about the situation.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no, well keep your head up and i will send plenty of good thoughts and prayers your way. I love the sign btw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully everything will work out smoothly, but I definitely know what it's like to feel like everything is coming at you at once. Just try to deal with whatever things are in your control, and prepare for whatever things you need to to make sure you are secure!
    Thoughts are with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate days like that. We've had some really crappy ones around the bank latley but thank goodness Uncle Warren Buffett came to our rescue today!
    It's turned our frowns upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know -- between the impending hurricane this weekend and the proposed sale of the company, it is so stinking gray and somber around the office it's hard to stand it. Dee, glad someone else got their situation turned around -- gives me some hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jenn and Jdracecar :) I will take all the help I can get! Can't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you and MVP talked about things. And put a smile on your cute face! It will turn around soon...

    ReplyDelete