Friday, February 8, 2013

T to the G to the I to the F!

Oh good GRIEF, I am glad it is Friday.  This week has been....woof.  I had a personal day on Monday to recoup from all the craziness of recruitment advising.  I mean, I think last weekend I had a total of 6 hours sleep, so I would have been worthless at work anyway.  It also gave me a chance to head back to the chapter house one more time to see them greet their 41 new members.  Even as old as I am, I still feel a little tug on my heartstrings at moments like that.

Tuesday was back to work and things were crappy business as usual until I was pulled into a "quick meeting" with my boss' boss, who announced to me and the two others in my department that as of that morning, my boss was no longer with the company.  Just when I thought things couldn't get any more crazy at work....so the rest of the week has been, um, interesting?  Is that the right word?  Meetings after meetings after meetings.  So I am even MORE excited than usual to see Friday finally get here. I def need a few days away from the stress and drama.


Anywhoozle.....after spending SO MUCH TIME over the past few weeks with college-aged women, I was starting to feel old as DIRT.  It's hard not to think back fondly to my younger years....fewer worries and stresses....so much ahead of me....lower number on the scale :)  You catch my drift.

But I came across this hilariousness today that pulled me back to reality right quick.  Not everything about your twenties is awesomely fabulous -- in fact, there are parts that flat out suck.  So cheers to having successfully navigated through my twenties and enjoying the here and (who I am) now!

Have a great weekend, everyone!  Stay safe and warm Boston area peeps!!


1 comment: