Friday, June 7, 2013

Five on Friday

I enjoy a good link up (and it also gives me a kick in the butt to post something).  Joining A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday. 

1.  TGIF times a billion.  Why oh why did this week seem to last two times as long as a normal week?!?
via

2.  I was happy to get to have a girls' night dinner with some friends last night.  One of them even fessed up to her OWN Soma pajamas purchase which TOTALLY made me feel better about mine

3.  I got to see a sneak preview of The Internship a few weeks ago and really liked it.  Yes, Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson tend to play the same kinds of characters over and over, but for some reason, in this movie I actually liked the familiarity.  If you're in the mood for a fun movie this weekend, it's a good choice.
via
4.  Does anyone else out there enjoy binge-watching TV?  I swear it is my new favorite thing.  Now I can watch all those shows I never was interested in, had time for before, but everyone swore to me I would love them.  I like just being able to relax on a Friday night after a long week with 4 or 5 episodes of a series I am getting into.  That's what I had MVP do with Mad Men last year, although we would get into trouble with that show...saying "wanna watch just one more?" often found us losing whole days on a weekend, or staying up well past our bedtimes.  I recently blew through all 3 seasons of "Scandal" and am contemplating what my next series should be.  "Downton Abby"? "Revenge"?  Recommendations for your fave shows are welcomed. 

5.  Anyone who read regularly (or knows me IRL) knows that I am a huge fan of QVC.  Like, major.  Their TSV today (that's Today's Special Value for those of you that don't speak Q) is a product I recently purchased and am pretty much obsessed with now.  I am going to tell you what I USED to use before you judge me for this product I am emphatically endorsing.

In between visits to see my fabulously amazing hair stylist, I would use a brown eye shadow to "paint" over some of my grey more noticeable roots.  At some point I started using the eye shadow regularly, patting it onto the part in my hair.  I have REALLY fine hair, and the shadow placement on my part gave a really nice illusion of fuller/more hair.

Flash forward to me browsing on QVC one day and running across Great Hair Day Fill-In Powder....by Joan-freaking-Rivers.  I wonder if that was my gateway to the Soma pajamas?!?!  Anywho, this stuff is AWESOME.  A great powder formula with a wonderful brush -- MUCH better than my little cover girl brown eye shadow with the sponge tip wand applicator.  I know it sounds crazy, but if you have very fine hair, brushing this stuff in at your hairline, down your part, etc., creates a HUGE difference. 

And, like I said, it's the TSV today, so worth giving a try!

3 comments:

  1. I want to see that movie!

    And I may have to give that hair powder a try. I hate seeing my grays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been binge watching the 1st season of Game of Thrones - SO good! Our local library had it for rent - for FREE, which is awesome. Unfortunately we just finished it and are #424 on the waiting list for season 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revenge...love me some Revenge.

    ReplyDelete