Friday, June 21, 2013

Five on Friday


1.  It's the first day of summer and also Wear Lilly Day!  Sadly, I have not yet retrieved my boxes of summer clothes from storage yet, so I had no seasonally appropriate Lilly to wear.  But I have this calendar on my desk....so that should cover it, yes?
I really hate trying to use iPhone photos on blogger.....


2.  That pic is a good segue to my Pop-Pop being back into his house down the shore!  I can't wait to get up to visit -- especially since he started putting his crab traps out yesterday. 
True story: after Sandy, Pop Pop had to throw out about 15 pounds of crabmeat from his freezer.  Sadness. 

3.  I am grasping at straws trying to find the positives at work right now.  I will say the upshot to being insanely busy is that the day goes by quickly.

4.  Have any of you had My Grandma's Coffee Cakes?  I bought a sampler of them (from QVC, obvs) and ohmygodyouguys you HAVE to try them.  The sampler I bought were 9 personal-sized mini cakes, 3 cinnamon, 3 banana walnut and 3 coconut.
One of those in a bowl....with some vanilla ice cream.  THERE ARE NO WORDS.  You can buy them from the Q (seriously, it's about time QVC put me on payroll with the amount I talk about them!) or from My Grandma's site.  You may also be lucky enough to have them at your local grocery store (you can check here).  In case there was any doubt, you can buy these lovelies at Wegman's.  Just another reason why Wegman's is ah-mazing.  Just have to wait until 2014 and there will be one close enough to me to shop there on the regular.

5.  Tomorrow, MVP wants to take a trip out into MD for a big yard sale at the Antiques/Tag Sale place he loves (Called Chartreuse & Co. and if you are in the area it is definitely worth a trip!)  Anyway, the last time we were there, we wandered over to the outlets.....I don't think we need a crystal ball to see what's in my future there....MORE PAJAMAS!!!!

3 comments:

  1. QVC, hmm.. one of my good friends is a host on there now. Rachel Boesing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to visit that store! Love now MVP suggested it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute photo of your Pop Pop! Dan's dream is to pull crab traps from his own dock one day!

    ReplyDelete