Friday, July 29, 2011

I'm here, I'm here!

So...I haven't posted anything in two weeks. Shame on me, I know! But the past two weeks have been so super-busy and jam-packed, I feel like I haven't had a second of rest. And my messy room and overflowing laundry basket back up that feeling, I think!

I flew out to Chicago and spent a fun-filled weekend on a boat, on a roof, in some bars, on a walking food tour, and at a game at Wrigley (where sadly, my Phillies lost....but I was happy to see TONS of Phillies fans in attendance!)

Then Homey C and I got her last things out of her apartment and headed east, with stops along the way where we rode back and forth on a ferry, rode a few roller coasters, drank beer out of a bucket, swayed on swings while sitting at a bar, scored a major hotel deal using Priceline, fought with a cabdiver (well, that was more me than it was Homey C), and made three seperate stops at Cracker Barrel.

And then I went back to cracker Barrel two days after we got back because I was going through hashbrown casserole withdrawal.

Then Monday was my first day at the new job! First days can always be a bit overwhelming. But imagine if your first day on the job had you into the office to fill out some paperwork and then immediately leave to head out of town for an overnight trip to a conference? Yup, that was my Monday and Tuesday this week. Overwhelming does not even scratch the surface. I was even giving product demos on day 2....good thing I have the keen ability to fake it til I make it. Oh, and I can be incredibly charming when I choose to be. But as my friends IRL know, I don't often choose to be :)

So the rest of this week has been trying to settle into the groove at the new job and get back to some sort of normal routine. You know, before I head out on my next travel adventure next week.

On Wednesday I will be heading to sunny San Diego and so very excited to be roommies again for a few days with my old college roommate. But the real purpose for my trip is for my volunteer internship at BlogHer11! I can hardly believe the time has come and I am so stinking excited! And...nervous. I feel like I am going to be totally overwhelmed by it all and really need to get my plan of attack together. I have heard the whole experience is fabulous not to mention all the great SWAG you get. Anyone else out there been before with tips to share? Better yet, anyone going this year??



I am loving getting caught up on my favorite blogs and looking forward to settling down again after San Diego and getting back into the bloggy swing of things.

All in all, life is pretty darn good at the moment and I am really and truly still liking everything.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have so much exciting stuff going on right now :) I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete